Release 0.4 ("Oyens")
About a month after the 0.3 release (Glebe), we're happy to release 0.4, codename "Oyens". Oyens, Iowa is one of the cutest towns you've never seen and where I did a lot of work on this release. Its population of 102 includes my grandparents, who let me "work" on Camlistore (yes, Grandma, even after 5pm) when they're not busy force-feeding me.
What is Camlistore?
New in 0.4
There were 8 contributors to this release (3 of whom are new). Here's what we've been up to:
- No external dependencies! Camlistore can still use any indexer that it could before (SQLite, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, App Engine, etc) but it now also comes with cznic/kv built-in. If SQLite is available, that is the default for new installs, otherwise cznic/kv is used. This makes things much easier for new Windows users, for instance. (Thanks to Jan Mercl for cznic/kv!)
- UI work (thanks Aaron Boodman!)
Click for more screenshots:
- Start of Google Drive backend (thanks Burcu Dogan!)
dev-appenginescripts are gone. Use the new portable
devcamtool instead. Build with "go get camlistore.org/dev/devcam"
- FreeBSD bug fixes (thanks Bill Thiede!)
- Windows bug fixes
- Fix Android client (previously partially broken in 0.3)
- dust off and fix up App Engine support
- Code cleanups, bug fixes, optimizations, and internal interface simplifications
- Rewrite of base blobref type for reduced memory usage and ease of coding
We welcome feedback, feature requests, bug reports, and code contributions!