Release 0.2 ("Portland")
Hot on the heels of our first release (Grenoble), we're happy to be getting better at this release thing and announce 0.2, codename "Portland". Portland is my hometown and currently hosting IndieWebCamp.
What is Camlistore?
Everything that worked in 0.1.
New in 0.2
- Encryption support. It hasn't been audited yet, metadata compaction isn't quite done, and the simple-config-to-low-level-config translator isn't enabled yet, so consider it all beta. It's there to use if you know what you're doing, but the underlying format might yet change.
- Improved build system. Our build by default now embeds all the Closure resources into the server binary, making deployment much easier: just one file (the server binary) to put on your server.
- Easier initial setup. More helpful initial configuration of
- Config files moved. We now respect the XDG Base Directory Specification on Unix systems. If you had your config files in
~/.camlistore/before, move them to
- The SQLite backend now uses WAL when available, for improved throughput with high concurrency. A bug in our build system's detection of SQLite was also fixed.
- The sharing handler was partially broken in 0.1, now fixed.
We welcome feedback, feature requests, bug reports, and code contributions!